Sunday, August 13, 2006

Weekend

A lot of people seemed to have gone out this weekend. Firstly on sat, when I went to Funan to check out the sale there, I realized that a lot of people had descended upon city hall to catch the fireworks that evening. It seems people like to see money being burnt up in the sky.. Strange huh? Yeah i kinda like it too actually. (Anyway just to sidetrack, anyone thought about this before? Imagine someone calling up the fire station and telling them there was a fire at the city hall area...well this person wont be wrong exactly...cos there are fireworks, which equals to fire in the sky right? But the fire station may be pissed off.. )

Today, when i went with my family to Ikea to buy some stuff there.. guess what? The whole place was swarming with people, all anxious to buy stuff, since today is one of the last days of the sale. For myself, I didnt go to war and snatch up stuff, but at one point, I went to arrange some turtles (not real ones..but soft toys) in a rack by making them surround the perimeter and sticking their heads out.. haha i know it was kinda stupid but I was kinda bored..hoped no one saw me... Anyway, the thing about being in a crowded place is that there is a higher probability of meeting strange people and seeing strange stuff. Below are two egs which happened to me this weekend.

On sat for eg, while I was just normally walking towards the escalator in Funan, I suddenly saw a fat man running towards me and when I wanted to step out of his way...that stupid ass just pushed me out of his way! BCCT skills would have come in useful here, but i was too surprised and wasnt expecting it.. Bah...stupid rude bum...think there was some kinda competition going on as i later saw some other people running down too...

In another eg, today i met this old man at the ikea ticket counter for card members to get a free drink coupon.. (No he didnt push me if thats what you are thinking..) I had my sis's card and I was trying to scan it by swiping it on the card scanner several times, but nothing happened. This old man then came up beside me and the conversation was as follows...

Old Man: "Are you a Singaporean?"
Puzzled, I Muttered: "Yeah..."
Old Man: "You are very Singaporean... you cannot do it fast...got to swipe the card slowly...."
He then proceeded to swipe the card for me...
It worked and the coupon came out... i just said thanks and walked back quickly to the cafe...
Old Man: "Next time you must do it slowly.."
And then he laughed...
I seriously cant believe it!!! Argh...

Pls Note: The second time I went back to the counter, this time with my mum's card, I was able to do it by myself...and I felt so proud... Now no one will ever see me in this situation again!

Argh what a weekend... To all reading, I hope your weekend was better and that you didnt have any weird encounters like me...

No comments: