Saturday, August 26, 2006

NS Life

Its been some time since I last posted something here. Have been a bit lazy and sometimes got other stuff to do... Btw I signed up for driving alr! Haha something I have been wanting and wanting to do for a long long time since after the A lvls, but somehow just didnt get down to doing it.. Hope I dont end up killing my instructor or drive him nuts..

I think its time to blog about how I spend my time in camp every day. As an RP (relaxed personnel), life in my camp is slack but super duper boring. Basically I guard the camp and security is my no. 1 concern, with my duties ranging from sentry to gate duties. Sometimes I end up so bored on sentry duty that I just think of my pre-ns life etc and other stuff, or if I am really bored, I will chase the birds (the usual black mynah ones) away from the road so as to get rid of 'security hazards'. Really these birds are posing a danger by obstructing oncoming vehicle traffic. Its not easy to shoo the birds away though..

Another security issue is regarding animals! My camp is so near the zoo, that animals are loyal visitors. Even before my feet touched this camp's grounds, I had commented during the RP course training that my current camp is only suitable for people with 'advanced' training as they might have to deal with animals... True enough I was right... Bah there are two stupid stray dogs that ALWAYS wander in and out of camp on their own free will, without booking in or out! Hence they dont have a camp pass! In fact I dont think they even have an IC or 11B... Its a security breach man.. I sometimes will shout at them to book in if I see them suddenly sneaking in, but so far my attempts have been futile... Maybe they dont understand me...but they always seem to suddenly move faster after I talk to them.... Someone really needs to teach me how to deal with this....

No comments: